WOODBRIDGE, N.J. – The Kislak Company, Inc., a leading commercial real estate firm in the tri-state region, recently announced that Joni Sweetwood, a senior vice president, led the completion of ten sales in Essex and Union Counties in northern New Jersey totaling $18,290,500 in the latter half of 2014.
The separate transactions include:
· A portfolio of buildings with 23 apartments and one store in Elizabeth for $4,037,500. Sweetwood represented both parties.
· A 36-unit apartment building in Elizabeth for $3,000,000. Sweetwood represented the seller and vice president Jonathan Greenberg represented the purchaser.
· A one-half acre parcel of land for redevelopment in South Orange for $2,200,000. Sales associate Julie Gralla represented the seller and Sweetwood represented the purchaser.
· A 24-unit apartment building in East Orange for $1,850,000. Sweetwood represented both parties.
· A 21-unit apartment building in Plainfield for $1,750,000; Sweetwood and Gralla represented the seller and vice president Jeff Squires represented the purchaser.
· An 18-unit apartment building in Elizabeth for $1,400,000. Sweetwood represented the seller and Greenberg represented the purchaser.
· A 25-unit apartment building in East Orange for $1,235,000. Sweetwood represented both parties.
· A 30-unit apartment building in Irvington for $1,100,000. Sweetwood represented both parties.
· A 30-unit apartment building in East Orange for $950,000. Sweetwood represented both parties.
· A 12-unit apartment building in Irvington for $768,000. Sweetwood represented both parties.
“The demand for multifamily and other investment properties throughout New Jersey remains very strong,” said Robert Holland, president. “Joni does an extraordinary job getting buildings for sale and procuring the right buyers.”
“The Essex and Union County submarkets remain very strong,” said Sweetwood. “We are working with both longtime clients familiar with the markets and new clients eager to establish themselves. Inventory for quality properties remains low.”
Joni Sweetwood joined Kislak in 1996 and has been an integral part of the team ever since. As both a senior vice president and sales associate, Ms. Sweetwood is a leading producer, manages client relationships and transactions, and serves as a manager and mentor to sales trainees. She specializes in the sale of multifamily and other investment properties throughout northern New Jersey.
Since joining Kislak, Sweetwood has won numerous sales awards, including the Sima Kislak Jelin Salesperson of the Year award in 2010 and the company’s top production award 2011, 2012 and 2013. She has also been recognized as one of New Jersey’s Commercial Broker All Stars, as well as the Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal’s Executive Women in Business.
Prior to joining Kislak, Sweetwood served as a vice president and REO portfolio manager for Midlantic Bank and The Howard Savings Bank.
About The Kislak Company, Inc.
The Kislak Company, Inc., which is headquartered in Woodbridge, N.J., is recognized as the dominant investment sales company serving the multifamily and retail markets. Established in 1906, Kislak’s market leadership position and longevity are due to its ability to offer clients a personalized, hands-on approach, coupled with the unrivaled expertise of its long-tenured team of professionals. Kislak’s prestigious client base includes individual investors and owners, partnerships, financial institutions, and REITs. The firm’s 25 professionals provide comprehensive market coverage throughout New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware.
Now in its 109th year, Kislak was among a select group of firms recognized as a 2013 Power Broker by CoStar Group, Inc. for multifamily sales transactions in northern New Jersey and this was the firm’s eighth consecutive recognition.